Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 1 Jul 1998 01:27:13 EDT
From:         Jason Beighley <EBeighley5@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Update on HELP! for '84 water pump
Comments: To: vanagon@VANAGON.COM

All of you out there who encouraged me to do the work myself were right. It only took four hours to do the water pump. What's that? Oh....... I was supposed to get it back in and running in that time? And here I was thinking I was doing so well. Anyway, I had to remove the A/C motor just to see the damn pump, and my inexperience and lack of tools contributed to the lengthy process. And those two little 6mm hex bolts (you know, the ones right next to the @#&*! crank pulley) that I had to remove from the steel pipe that was attached to the pump, helped more than just a bit, too. But I'll not be discouraged.

I have a couple questions. I ended up with the pump out and still attached to the thermostat housing. Will this thing come like this from Ron @ B. Depot, or will the therm soak me for another 50 clams? And is there anything else I should do while I'm here? The coolant is the right color and is real clear, and I'm planning on a new therm and a few hoses. The pulley off the pump seems good, too, but should I replace it? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, from the rookie,. in advance.