Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 3 Jul 1998 07:58:28 +0200
From:         Jimmy Sanby <sanbyj@TELKOM.CO.ZA>
Subject:      Front Skid Plate Design -Reply
Comments: To: drew@INTERPORT.NET, Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Hi,

The skid plate fitted standard to my Syncro definitely does not have holes in it.

It is different to the skid plate/spare wheel holder of the normal microbus(Vanagon to you). The skid plate consists of a piece of flat steel(quite thick 3-4 mm I thick) with square tubing on each side running length ways with the vehicle. At the front of the skid plate the square tubing goes up vertically about 50mm to rest on the chassis.

I have Continental 215R15 tyres all round including the spare. The problem is that the tyre is too wide( by millimetres) to fit between the chassis bars which run length ways with the vehicle. and I have to use a bottle jack or some other gentle persuasion to get the spare to fit in its home.

Tyres can be viewed at http://www.continental.co.za/

Are the USA Syncro's without this skid plate or are you trying to improve this?

Cheers

Jimmy Sanby '89 Syncro 15" Cape Town South Africa