Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 3 Jul 1998 11:43:44 -0400
From:         LAC <loudesign@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      CHUCKIE'S "REDNECK VW CAMPOUT" #001 !!!

Greetings Vee-dubbers!!!

*Appalachia Volkswagon Assoc* and *Mountain VW* (Sevierville,- the Hippie DAYS/Run Volks!)

.....Are proud to present:

CHUCKIE'S REDNECK vw CAMPout #001 JULY 17 - 19, 1998 TRIPLE CREEK CAMPGROUND COSBY, TN

YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK BUT YOU'LL NEVER KNOW FOR SURE UNLESS YOU ATTEND THIS EVENT.!!!

NO FEES except for your campsite.

Nice campground with shaded creekside sites - full hookup or no hookup, a playground for children, hiking paths, horseshoes, clean restrooms & showers and a large grassy area for other outdoor activities.

Nuff bout the campground - now whut is Chuckie's Redneck Camp #001? Sorta like Hippie Days cept we jest camp and become Rednecks for the weekend. Some may need practice, some may not.

We'll dress Redneck, talk Redneck and play Redneck games.

Most of the good stuff will happen on Saturday. There'll be FREE breakfast & dinner buffets prepared by Chef Jerre' Minnich and our host, Chef Chucke' Shults. You know both these guys. You've surely camped with them before and probably enjoyed their cooking once or twice.

---Watermelon Seed Spittin Contest. Insurance regulations require that all dentures be removed before contest begins.

---Boot Race. That's where everyone puts one boot in a hay stack . We'll mix em up. We'll jump in the hay stack, try to find the right boot, put it on and race a short distance to the finish line for prizes.

---The Redneck 500 later that evening. There'll be a 4 foot by sixteen foot Nascar style track placed on the ground where six Rednecks on their hands & knees pushing diecast Nascar collectible type cars will race their ---es off for three laps. The winner gets to sit in the Champions Chair where he or she will be catered to by the losers for the remainder of the day. If we have more than six Redneck Racers, we'll have more races.

===Evening Hay Ride. Pure fun, no explanation needed. So simple even Rednecks can do it.

---There'll be a run to FORT MARX!!! later. If you've never been to this place, you're one of the few. It's a legend located deep in the hills of Cosby. An old German named Fred Marx started this place many years ago and MAKES HIS OWN best -wines, -champagnes, -moonshines, -beers and -German foods available anywhere (YES, makes it all hisself).

Buddy McDonald said, "Best pepper relish I ever had".

It's only a short distance from the campground and you can hitch a ride.

After Fort Marx, a Campfire BEERBELLY Contest.

Need we say more? Guys only, please. The ladies will do the judging and judges decisions are final cause we don't want to argue with them.

I am a Redneck. You might be one and you know you have friends who are.

Martha Stewart says, "Rednecks are a good thing".

Just remember, this whole thing is all in fun and children are welcome.

Directions: I-40 to exit 440. Follow signs to Triple Creek Campground.

INFO: (423) 429-8009 M - F 8-5 avwa@esper.com

S E E Y O U T H E R E , Y ' A L L