Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 3 Jul 1998 11:11:54 -0500
From:         Max/Joyce Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Re: HELP with EVC kayak racks
Comments: To: j <soreal@HOME.COM>, Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

I was under the impression that Yakima made a set of plates that would adapt the old style rain gutter 1A racks to your roof. Not being real failiar with the EV roof, Yakima makes abracket for relatively flat surfaces and relatively vertical surfaces. You will lprobably need the flat brackets with the " plus nuts". This will require drilling into the roof but won't require removal of the headliner inside. I installed one of these systems on a 91 Previa and it worked vey well desspite the very thin nature of the Previa sheetmetal. Yakima also makes a bracket kit w/o the plus nuts(substantially cheaper) if you don't mind udoing the headliner. That would be a little more heavy duty IMHO.

Dimwitted Moose and Flying Squirrel 90 GL

---------- > From: j <soreal@HOME.COM> > To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM > Subject: HELP with EVC kayak racks > Date: Thursday, July 02, 1998 5:28 PM > > I KNOW this has been covered. Can someone direct me to the right archives to > hunt it all down or shoot off info to me? I have taken everything off my > computer except bare essentials because I have friends house-sitting while I'm gone. > > I bought an S-O-T Kayak today to play with on my trip. I have a set of old > Yakima bars that I used on the Westy, and was planning on going with towers on > the EVC. Then I found out that Yakima does not make an adapter plate that > works on the EVC for the towers. What's the next best solution? I can go with > foam pads, but I hate the thought of running a strap through the doors to > stabilize the boat.I have NO extra clearance on my garage door, so there can't > be anything permanent above roof level. > > Thanks, > Joan > SW FL > '97 EVC