Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 3 Jul 1998 21:01:42 -0800
From:         Madeline Mullen/Ed Lowe <maded@GTE.NET>
Subject:      Awning,skylite questions and...
Comments: To: vanagon list vanagon list <vanagon@VANAGON.COM>

1. Has any one had any experience with the inexpensive awnings in the JC Whitney catalog? I'd like to attach an awning to my 82 Westy but don't wish to spend the $450+ my friend paid, if possible.. On the other hand, need one that will last .

2. Does anyone have or know of a source for skylight parts (the vent on the pop top)? I want to add a VW sky light to my pop top which has never had one and so need ALL the hardware, I do have a new condition skylight (Plexiglas part only) and need the rest. Has anyone done this and wish to give some pointers?

3. Is there anyone that has compiled info or made a "manual" on converting the 1.6 Diesel to turbo or going up to a larger Diesel engine?

4. I've seen several discussions about flashing oil pressure lights. If it is any help, my wife's cabrio showed this just after she bought it. The PO records showed Pennzoil 10-40 ~5000miles previous. When I changed the oil it poured out like water. After adding 20-50 Quaker State it hums happily along with oil pressure safely above 3 bar even under the hottest conditions. No more flashing light.

This is a great site and thanks to everyone who takes the time to share their valuable experiences. I'm new here so please be patient as I learn and contribute what I can.

Ed Lowe 82 Westy Diesel 85 Golf Diesel 92 Cabrio