Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Jul 1998 20:05:30 -0400
From:         Daniel Clark <clarkman@ISERV.NET>
Subject:      my bus still won't start..:(
Comments: To: Vanagon@vanagon.com

I ran out of gas once and after I got gas. The only way I could get it started was to push the pedal all the way to the floor and hold it there until it started. But lack of info on your end it's hard to say. I do know a trick of how start a Vanagon with a bad pump or pressure regulator if you need it. Marcus83.5

Thanks for the tips, Marcus... (and everyone else who responded) I got nearly five gallons of gas in the tank now, and the bus is still situated on a bit of a hill. It's parked on a city street and I can't get to any level ground. With the jumpers to the battery, we were able to give it a good cranking and I held the pedal to the floor till I was blue! Still no start... cannot even smell gas anywhere in the engine compartment yet and am now suspecting that by running the gas so low, I got gunk stuck in the fuel filter. It seems logical but then maybe the pump is out or something..

Dan