Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Jul 1998 07:21:04 -0700
From:         Harry Yates <hyates@BCIT.BC.CA>
Subject:      Re: Yokohamas
Comments: To: printstud@bigfoot.com
Comments: cc: vanagon@gerry.sdsc.edu

Peter, looks like Larry already said it all. These tires are awesome without changing gearing, etc due to larger diameter. They are stiff enough in the sidewall to provide excellent stability for our vans (we have a '90 Syncro Westy), and the tread is truly an all season, almost all terrain type tread pattern. I have some scans on my home page at (http://syncro.bcit.bc.ca/hyates/flap.htm). In some of the pictures you can see the tread pattern very well. The tires are quiet, and also excellent in rain, snow, and mud. I've verified that :)

If you have a Syncro, run them at 43 psi front, 53 psi rear, and religiously rotate them every 12000 km or so. I am on my third set of these tires, and have no regrets. Beautifully made, with some of my wheels actually without weights, and the others with less than an ounce. Not bad for a truck tire. Make no mistake, get the correct tire. The Syncro Westy is heavy. I've put ours on the scales many times, loaded with us in the van, and she's always been between 5000 - 5200 lbs, with a little front bias. They should have stamped on the sidewall the following:

Load range D (don't get the c range) 1710 lbs @ 65 psi maximum rating. LT195/75R14

The Syncro is harder on tires anyway, and I never run my tires down beyond 1/3 available tread, but I've managed to get over 50000 km (30000 miles) and still got money on trade in value on them. I consider this good for the Syncro.

Hope this helps. Harry.

Peter <printstud@earthlink.net> on 07/05/98 23:12:56

Please respond to printstud@bigfoot.com

To: Harry Yates/BCIT cc: Subject: Yokohamas

Dear Harry, I got your address below and wanted to know how your Yokohamas have been for you?? Thanks, Peter

Larry, thanks for your response. I have 205 70 R14's do the Yokohama's come in this size as well?? I'll contact Harry too... Thanks, Peter