Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 7 Jul 1998 11:43:32 -0400
From:         Mark Hudgik <mhudgik@THE-SPA.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fuel Pump
Comments: To: Scott Snyder <dipp@ACCESS.MOUNTAIN.NET>
Comments: cc: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

At 04:33 PM 7/6/98 -0400, Scott Snyder posted the following: >Thanks to all that responded about my whining fuel pump. Since I dont have >a fuel pressure gauge and can not drive to a mechanic, is there ANY OTHER >WAY to check the fuel pressure regulator without the gauge? > >I also inserted a long thin wire into the gas tank outlet (fuel pump side) >to check for blockage. NOthing noticable came out. It did feel like I was >hitting something inside the tank....someone a while back mentioned there >was a screen of some sort covering the outlet.....maybe I was hitting the >screen. I didnt want to force it. Any other ideas on checking if there is >gunk clogging up the system??? Like I said in the previous posting, the tank >was taken off, boiled in a tank for 48 hrs, and a polymer lining put >in....it seemed very smooth on the inside when it was completed. > >Thanks again > >Scott >81 Westy >

I didn't catch the beginning of this thread, so this may not apply...

Did the pump whining start before or after you had the tank coating applied?

If after, and there is a screen on the tank outlet, the screen may have been partially plugged by the coating.

Mark Hudgik **91 Carat**