Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 1 Jul 1998 15:14:35 -0700
From:         KEVIN MIKKELSON <kevinm@RED.PRIMEXTECH.COM>
Subject:      Re: singing the praises of the Porta-potti,
              was: Misc. dumb questions
Comments: To: Vanagon@vanagon.com

This is my first message to the list, I hope it works.

We first got a Thetford's Porti Potti 135 last year to assure toilet training our son was not derailed. It worked great for him during a 3-week trip to Glacier National Park, the adults also used it during middle of the night emergencies. As stated below we also place it behind the passenger seat of the Westfalia and would like some type of cloth cover with foam pad to make the dinning experience more palatable. Has anyone found a source for porti potti covers?

Kevin 89 Westfalia Bothell, WA

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------- >> 5. I know I'm not the only one who wants a toilet in my van. Suggestions? >> Smart-aleck remarks? > >I concur with the Porta-Potti advocates. We have Thetford's >155L, and it just sits on the floor beind the passenger seat. >I thought we'd have to tie it down somehow, but we haven't, >and it's never tipped. It was very inexpensive at K-mart. >It's been especially valuable for us since we have a >two-year-old, but all of us are glad to have it, especially >when camping at night. We leave it in the van all the time, >whether camping or not. I keep thinking about installing >some sort of interior curtain around it (we already have window >curtains), but so far "privacy" has consisted of everyone closing >their eyes and pretending they don't hear anything, and that's >actually worked out fine. > >The potti also makes a pretty good spare seat, so we can have >three people eat at the back table. It's a bit on the short side, >so I'm thinking of adding a little cushion on the top to raise it >a bit, and perhaps a cover to put over it for the sake of guests >who find the idea of eating dinner while perched atop the commode >to be something other than a positive contribution to their dining >experience.

______________________________________ Kevin G. Mikkelson Reliability Engineer Primex Aerospace Company PO Box 97009 Redmond, WA 98073-9709

Voice (425) 885-5000 x5563, Fax (425) 882-5804 kevinm@rocket.com http://www.primextech.com/pac/pac.html