Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 1 Jul 1998 21:06:45 -0400
From:         Seth F Gordon <sethgordon@MONTYSBAY.COM>
Subject:      84 wolfs weekender/ any others?
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

When I wrote joel walker to submit my georaphic brick info i asked him to send me a list of the 84 wolfsburg weekenders that he had registered. this is what he wrote and then I wrote him back.

<<<<<< On Wed, 1 Jul 1998 18:58:05 -0400 you said: >I have an 84 wolfsburg edition weekender=20 >If you could do me a favor and write me back and tell me how many 84 = >wolf weekenders there are on your record (only seen one other).

here's all the 84's ... all 248 of them. :) <not all are still on the list, however>. and i don't think i've seen or heard of an 84 "weekender" before.

That is why I asked for the wolfsburg weekenders on the list. on the model year stuff at www.vanagon.com it says that the weekender package was started in 85. but my 84 and one other I have seen has it. If you care, the package included powersteering a tach, that weird little metal rack thingy that is on the inside of the rear hatch, the queen size fold down, curtains and screens, plush seats (shredy corduroy). If this is a rare model I want to know.

The weirdest thing is I found a book about modifying the inerior of vans and there was a picture of my van and the book called it a proto- type for the weekender GL.>>>>>>>

all the 84 wolfsburgs out there let me know if youve got the weekender package. especialy that weird little rack. I met a guy, the owner of the bug farm, a used place near buffalo ny who was selling the only other one I ever saw without the rack because he wanted to keep it. Ha!

[text/html]