Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Jul 1998 08:05:37 -0700
From:         R J Bellanca <bajatrvlr@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: refrigerator  propane  mode ??
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Darrell, et al, Maybe I should have been a little clearer. You have to keep pumping after it's lit until convection takes over, usually a few minutes. BTW, I use the propane power almost exclusively, whether driving or sitting... Unless the burner is cheese-balled up, I've never had a problem... Bob

R J Bellanca wrote: > > Darrell, > >From your description, I would venture to say that the culprit is > combustion air... When you run the refrig on electric before lighting it > in the propane mode, basically, you're setting up a convection current > in the flue. In order to achieve the same result, use the air pump > that's combined with the ignition plunger. To get a good feel for what's > going on, light the refrig at night while looking at the sight glass on > the bottom left of the box. If you don't keep pumping the air pump, the > flame will extinguish... > > Hope that helps, > Bob Bellanca > > Darrell Boehler wrote: > > > > ---------------------- > > The refrigerator in my 86 westy works great in all modes, cools well, does > > often blow out in propane mode if I am traveling on an interstate which I > > gather is normal. It has one other little problem I would love to fix and > > I can't seem to gather the information from the archives although there is a > > fantastic amount of info there. I can't light it in propane mode unless I > > have been running it in battery or ac mode. If I have been running in > > battery or ac mode, propane will light first try. What do I fix or > > replace oh great list? I have been living with this problem and I would > > like to make it go away. tia > > > > Darrell Boehler > > Makanda Illinois