Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Jul 1998 19:09:01 -0700
From:         Karen Meredith <karenme@WELL.COM>
Subject:      assistance evaluating '87 westfalia for sale
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Can you give me advice on the value of the following '87 westfalia and recommend an inspection shop in long beach area.

Details are:

'87, 130,000 miles, 1 head/1 gasket replaced at this mileage. Cooling system hoses all replaced, same mileage. New radiator, clutch. Camping equipment works, pop top too.

2nd owner for almost 10 years has had oil change and regular maintanence done by a dealer.

At this mileage he confesses he hit a deer, which forced him to spend $2500 replacing the radiator, front pannels, wind-shield and painting. Says no structural damage. Then he bought a syncro and loves it.....

Asking $5800. Also needs new AC compressor which he will pay for or reduce from the asking price ($650 is dealer price to fix).

Is this a fair price for this vehicle? Am I right to expect to have to rebuild the engine for this vehicle soon? What is the cost of that? I've heard $2500 to $5000. What's a good shop in long beach CA to check it for me.

Reply to me! (-:

Thanks,

Karen