Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Jul 1998 14:51:54 -0400
From:         Michael Sullivan <sullivan@OPENMARKET.COM>
Subject:      Re: Spy Behind German Lines...
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

I spoke with AutoTech (www.autotech.com) and they claim the rectangular e-code lights require a different mounting bracket/base plate (but will fit the plastic grill), but that the US-spec square high beams are identical to those used in Europe (i.e. they are e-code already).

Cheers,

MJS

At 11:18 AM 7/14/98 -0700, Steve wrote:

>My friend went to the dealer...who said the european square headlights would

>not fit in the US plastic grill...this must be wrong...he must think we have

>round lights. Has anyone tried this or does anyone have a pert number for the

>e-code square headlights? I'd hate to spend that kind of $ and find out they

>don't work.

>The dealer said he could get the "Camper" badge...although Helmut seems to know

>more about this. My friend will order some next week. So far, I am getting

>five of these, with three already spoken for (assuming the dealer really can

>gert them). The westfalia bags are no more, according to the dealer & Helmut.

>My friend is in Rome till Thurs., then back to the fatherland. He visits the

>junk yard next week to try to get some of the european rear foglight/taillights

>per Helmut's great suggestion.

>steve

<bold>Michael J. Sullivan

</bold><italic>Director of Catalog Design

Open Market, Inc.

</italic>

'87 GL Syncro Westfalia

work: http://www.openmarket.com