Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Jul 1998 12:51:10 -0500
From:         Colin Moran <cmoran@CSWNET.COM>
Subject:      Vanagon problems
Comments: To: dmc@CYBURBAN.COM

Hello David, I think you have gotten the wrong impression. Vanagons are reliable. What you see on the list is the problems that need correction. Just as if you sat in a doctors office and listened to the patients talk, you would get the idea that people are always sick. I have an '86 Syncro, I am the second owner and have had it since it had 58,000 miles. My van had 202,000 miles on it when it had a major problem. The problem was one I caused. I let the oil get low and cause a bearing to spin. prior to that I had only minor problems with the van. It has never left me stranded. I plan to put in a new engine and keep the van for a long time. I do all my own work so finding a good mechanic is not a concern. If you buy a Vanagon this list will make you a good mechanic. I have saved alot of money by doing the things this list talks about. It would be better to ask what people like about their vans to get an idea of if it is the vehicle for you. You can't go wrong buying a Vanagon, just be aware of whats going to need attention. Good luck finding your new ride. -- Colin Moran Beebe Ar. '86 Syncro GL "The Bronze Brick" 202,000 and awaiting a new motor.