Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 Jul 1998 00:57:31 -0400
From:         "Robert A. Alexander" <satcong@VOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fixing horn-Don't try this at home ;^)
Comments: To: Bill <Bill@FREEHOLDER.COM>
Comments: cc: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Bill - Actually, I had forgotten about this serious use of the ole horn! Probably because I have grown older and find myself just smiling & waving at folks who blast me with their horns? You are right, though, in that your's seems to be the premier reason to have an especially loud horn!

I still find that the use of my horn is mostly utilized in trying to get dumb animals out of the road before I run over them. Remember, I am a veterinarian, so, when I run over some genetically-deficient animal (including some of the upright-walking mammals), I do have a reputation to protect & it usually involves hours of arranging for intensive care, etc.

I'll willingly admit, though, that those nifty horns which play the abbreviated version of "DIXIE" still prompt me to hurriedly pull over to the kerb, jump out of the ole Vanagon and snap to attention with a delightful salute! ANYTHING that still upsets our left-wing, draft-dodging, anti-American-protesting, hippy-pinko-commie-fag liberal faction of our American brothers STILL warms my heart, greatly!.

BOB - WA4RRN