Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Jul 1998 11:42:35 -0500
From:         Chuck Hill <hilltech@NETINS.NET>
Subject:      Travel time
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Summer is here, and the urge to travel is on us. This afternoon my wife and I leave to Visit Junior in Boulder,CO. We'll be heading out in the '86 multivan about 2:30 headed west from eastern Iowa, to I80, through Nebraska's Platte river valley, across eastern Colorado, finally to Boulder, on the edge of the Rocky Mountains. The Vanagon has been checked, buffed, probed, prodded, spoken to, etc., but it's not without a little well deserved "angst" that I set out on this trip. To break down along the US interstate is truly a harrowing experience. The vultures that you sometimes see circleing are a symbolic reminder of who it is lurking with a tow truck along the wayside. Vultures are downright nice in comparison.Oh, I could tell you stories about breaking down on the road.

But, I would rather hear your adventures. Who has the most implausible explanation (the biggest lie) of what caused their vehicle to fall into the hands of the feared "general repair"? Who has the biggest $ value of total ripoff repair? Who can tell us the name & location of such dens of treachery, such spots to avoid?

In short, a sort of new thread.

I like college towns for the colorful & plentiful population of VW vehicles. Boulder is one of the best, perhaps the best of all.--another new thread?

Wish me luck, pray for us, & if you see a white Vanagon Multivan out there along my way, wave back.

Chuck Hill