Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Jul 1998 12:10:02 PDT
From:         susan hafler <ceezuu@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Anyone not having problems?VW
Comments: To: GMBulley@aol.com
Comments: cc: vanagon@vanagon.com

gm, (hi neighbor),

>To quote Dan Rather (newscaster) on the turmiol events of his career: "If we >knew the costs involved in any jouney, we would probably just sit at home". > >No car is perfect, but a VW van gives a LOT back in return for the additional >TLC.

right. exactly correct. yes! my one mistake (maybe that's not the right word. how about, poor planning?) was that i decided to go back to grad school after i bought the van. and the school i chose, and was later accepted at, and plan to attend in the fall, is on top of a hill in brattleboro, vermont. i won't be living on campus, and i will need transportation to and from school from town -- anywhere from three to 10 miles one way. my bike will do for a while, and i'm looking forward to doing the synchro thing in the vermont snow, but i worry about trying to maintain my baby on a grad student's income (or lack thereof). however, my honda was terrible, absolutely horrible, in the snow, so ultimately i'm better off with the van. susan