Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Jul 1998 20:15:50 -0400
From:         "W. Silva" <wsilva@CAPECOD.NET>
Subject:      Transporters by the Tunnel, another great LiMBO weekend
Comments: To: vw <vanagon@vanagon.com>

Thanks to Jim and Barb Digennaro we spent another great weekend in North Adams, MA at Transporters by the Tunnel. This event has been going on for several years although this is only our second year we feel like old timers. Hopefully Jim and Barbara can be persuaded to do it again next year although it must take a month to recover from all the planning. It always goes off flawlessly.

This year we all caravanned to Mt. Grayloc (spelling?) which was picture perfect. Jim decided not to disrupt his campsite by pulling out his Westy and drove our Westy to lead the others. I am very afraid of heights so Im really glad he drove and Jim made the trip very comfortable for us although I had to remind him that.....yes, I see that little postage stamp you claim is your house at the bottom of the valley through all the layers of atmosphere, now I will study the moss growing on the rocks on the opposite side of this little winding trail! He understood and never made fun of my paranoia.

Everyone that visits the east coast in July should make a point of attending Transporters by the Tunnel. I understand that there were at least 75 VWs of various vintages and about 37 on the caravan. This is what it's all about, good times, good people. It doesn't get any better than this!

Hope to see more Listees next year, Yes Jim and Barb, next year!

Wendy & John Cape Cod, MA

'85 Westy, "S-CAPE" LiMBO members