Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 21 Jul 1998 21:16:14 -0400
From:         "Joe L." <jliasse@EMAIL.MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: head surgery thanks
Comments: To: FoxhntrPat@AOL.COM, Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

No petty flames? Killjoy! You have to flame your friends, if you flame your enemies they will beat the snot out of you!

For whatever it is worth the best friend I have ever had would cuss me a blue streek at the drop of a hat. I would do the same for him at the least excuse. An outside observer would have said that we were constantly near blows and should be physically kept apart for our own safety. I havent seen that guy in years and I miss him. If there was something either of us would not have done for the other it was not discovered. One of my dearest wishes would be for me to hear from somewhere behind me "HEY YOU SOB, TURN AROUND!" I think the trick is to give as good as you get and to take nothing either personally nor too seriously. I could be wrong but I don't think I have seen anything here amid even the hottest flames that would prevent the participants from buying each other a round or two if they ever met face to face and have a great good time each telling the other how crazy he was for holding the obviously stupid opinion. Of course, it could be that I am just wierd that way.