Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Jul 1998 16:23:57 -0700
From:         marcus <marcus46@FREEWWWEB.COM>
Subject:      New to me 1988
Comments: To: "Vanagon@VANAGON.COM" <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM>

Took the geo metro touring car to Dallas saturday to check out Vanagon that I have working on buying for weeks.Have all the pic's and info now for show and tell.About three blocks to go and notice Marcus High school and one block from the address is Marcus st.I'm thinking what is this a setup or what? Well any way.Get to the address and there it is as advertised.Got out of the car and almost fell over realized I was atleast quart low on coolant. Me not the car. Checked out the van in out and under. Ok now for the test drive. Fired that 2.1 up and turned on the a/c and and with in a few sec's my hands were turning blue.teeth were frozen shut. Looked over at wife and she had ice sickles hanging down from her eye brows.Ok It really wasn't that cold but dam near.Took it for a test and nearly turned into a truck wasn't use to power steering in a Vanagon.Good ride lots of power.Drove back to ower and said think I want it but will sleep on and let him know tomorrow.Cause I wasn't think to straight being a quart low.Went out to eat and parked in lot was a round and square eyed Vanagon.Looked around the room and spotted the round eye owners they were all drinking water and ice tea but the pitcher full while faning themselves with the menu's and over in the corner I spotted the square eye owners, they were all in fur coats drinking coffee.So there you have it how to spot a Vanagon owner or VAO.This method doesn't work in the winter time.Next day retested the van and bought it.My big question was answered remember I was a quart low.The day befor the shifting seem stiff but found out I wasn't pressing the clutch in far enough.Lot of diff from a pressure plate with 10k and one with 179k.So Dallas your one short.Also you people drive very well but of course it was saturday.Oh yes you want to know what I paid.Well the Bentley was $4500 and the guy thru in the 88.That leave me with a 1980-1984 Bentley for sale. First $40 cod to you gets it. Many thanks. Marcus