Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 Jul 1998 17:11:48 -0700
From:         David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Looking for a Rabbit Pickup, DAVID
Comments: To: Modl6971@aol.com, Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

3.94 R+P at .71 for 5th gear = ~2900rpm at 70 mph. I ment a 5 digit figure being at least 5K more than what you were thinking.

At 02:55 7/23/98 EDT, Modl6971@aol.com wrote: >In a message dated 98-07-23 02:22:37 EDT, vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG writes: > ><< > Would I sell my PU? Everything is forsale it just depends on how bad the > buyer wants it. There is 17,000 km on a total ground up rebuild. > Suspension, bearings, axles are all new. 1984 Diesel Transmission for > strength and 3.94 final drive. 2.0L engine with a Schrick 276 cam in a 85 > Scirocco head with a 86 GLI knock sensing ignition controlling it all. > Interior is mint with 220km speedometer, no cracks in the dash or seats. > The paint it fantastic - Dragon Green everything is painted including all > the parts in the engine compartment. 0 to 60 mph times are at 6.0 seconds > or slightly less when I have fat tires on there. If your brother is > interested in paying a 5 digit figure I don't mind talking... trade for a > mint Syncro Westie would be seriously considered. > >> >Hi David, with that final drive, what's the RPM at 70 MPH (120 KPH). My >brother will be on the highway a lot. Will that be 5K canadian. Thanks, >Michael Modl > PS, a mint syncro westy is worth a lot more. > >

-- David Marshall, Quesnel BC, mailto:david@volkswagen.org -- -- 78 1.8L VW Rabbit, 80 2.0L VW Caddy, 87 Audi 5KQ -- -- 85 1.8L VW Cabrio, 88 1.6L VW Syncro Double Cab -- -- Volkswagen Homepage http://www.volkswagen.org -- -- USE DAVID@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG WHEN SENDING PMAIL --