Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 Jul 1998 09:00:15 -0700
From:         Mark McCulley <raven@HALCYON.COM>
Subject:      Re: Carver P4 - Thoughts on installation
Comments: To: Steven Johnson <sjohnson@CALWEB.COM>, Vanagon@VANAGON.COM
Comments: cc: Ssittservl@AOL.COM

At 08:36 AM 7/26/98 -0700, Steven Johnson wrote: >I *strongly* suggest that you drill both intake and outlet holes through >the floor. I know this is probably the most painful part of the exer- >cise, but it must be done to get a good safe installation. You only >need one opening for the actually heated air in the kick panel. The >intake for the heating air is not necessary. Another thing I wish I >new before I put mine in... :( > I agree with Steven, drilling the two holes through the floor was definately the most anguishing part of the Propex/Carver installation. Double and triple check your measurements before using the drill. Use the proper size hole cutter and drill a pilot hole. Paint the exposed metal edges of the holes to prevent rust.

I also agree that the storage locker is the best location for the heater. I installed both the inlet and outlet in the kick panel. Although the inlet is not absolutely necessary, I located both grills above the stock rectangular rear heater outlet and the installation looks great.

-Mark McCulley