Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 Jul 1998 16:55:08 -0400
From:         Geosh Fathauer <geosh@ANTIOCH-COLLEGE.EDU>
Subject:      Busses By the Arch... (fwd)
Comments: To: Vanagon List <vanagon@gerry.sdsc.edu>

Forwarded message: From type2-request@bigkitty.azaccess.com Sun Jul 26 16:44 EDT 1998 Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 13:50:47 -0700 Message-Id: <199807262050.NAA22774@yiff.azaccess.com> X-Authentication-Warning: bigkitty.azaccess.com: slist set sender to type2-request@bigkitty.azaccess.com using -f From: Kathryn Bowman <72153.1620@compuserve.com> Subject: Busses By the Arch... To: "Type 2 List (Send msge)" <type2@type2.com>, "vintagebus list - (send message)" <vintagebus@type2.com> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline X-Mailing-List: <type2@bigkitty.azaccess.com> archive/latest/4 Reply-To: Kathryn Bowman <72153.1620@compuserve.com> X-Loop: type2@bigkitty.azaccess.com Precedence: list Sender: type2@bigkitty.azaccess.com Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Length: 2365

Hi all,

I've been very busy lately getting ready for BBTA #14. The flyers are in the mail to those on our database. Henry DeKuyper has confirmed that he's coming to cover this unusual Type 2 event for "VW TRENDS", in fact he'll be living the experience in my '67 Westfalia. He owns a '66 Bus. He'll not only cover the event itself, but will be shooting a few Busses for future features in the magazine. Brian Holcomb and Dawn Stokesberry are completing the details of they're Sat evening "wedding" (everyone's invited). The infamous D.B.G. Bus Club from the Milwaukee area are supposed to be bringing a complete "live band" for their "tavern" theme campsite! Woo Hoo!!! I'm about to order the trophies and we're ordering professional porta-potties in our private camping area for those late night urges. The response so far has been huge, so I'm predicting that we'll host approximately 150-plus Type 2's over the long holiday weekend.

I've still got a couple of folks I need to send a flyer to, but I don't have their complete or new addresses. If you know of them and can send their current pmail addresses to me PRIVATELY - not to this List - please do! I need 'em for Bill Carpenter of the Memphis area, Dr. "Mac" Jones also of the Memphis area, a Listee by the name of Nathan Dennison, and the new address in North or South Carolina for Glen Lavelle, formerly of Dallas, TX. Thanks for any help with these.

If anyone is planning on attending and doesn't think they are already on our event flyer mailing list and wants to be, send your pmail address, phone #, VW clubs you belong to, and a list of the VW's you covet to us privately - not to the List. We'll get one out to you quickly!

We're looking forward to seeing all of our old and new friends streaming into the "Busses By The Arch" Campground during the upcoming Labor Day holiday weekend, Sept 4-7th, 1998. Pay no attention to weather forcasts if they aren't excellent, because this group shows up and parties no matter what happens. Save your "bad" cases, and we'll see ya sooner than you think!.

Bill Bowman NEATO & LiMBO