Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 27 Jul 1998 01:45:54 -0500
From:         Budd Premack <bpremack@WAVETECH.NET>
Subject:      85 Weekender For Sale  $600
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

While attending a VW event in St. Cloud, MN, I was informed that a local guy has an 85 Weekender for sale for $ 600 or b/o. The van is in St. Cloud, which is 70 miles northwest of Minneapolis. Details are as follows:

Engine was rebuilt a year ago, but this year a failed seal on the oil filter resulted in it throwing a rod. It is a brown Weekender with rear seat/bed, poptop with bed, one rear facing seat behind driver (with storage underneath), 4 speed, new clutch, good tires, good body with minor surface rust only. No other camper equipment was ever installed.

I have not seen the van, just talked with its owner. He said that it was working just fine until the engine blew. Please call him (Chris) at (320) 253-9943. I told him it seemed like a fine project for someone and that I would post it on the List.

If someone is interested, I have a custom made bumper bracket and towbar (and light kit) that will allow this van to be easily towed if the tow vehicle is appropriate to the task. I could be persuaded to lend it to a careful List member for this purpose. You can contact me about the towbar, but please call Chris about the van, as I have listed all info that I have.

Budd Premack 86 Syncro, 73 Super Minneapolis, MN (Land of Sky-Blue Waters)