Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 Jul 1998 02:50:24 EDT
From:         Michael Modl <Modl6971@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Eurospec Conversion MORE INFO!!!!
Comments: To: vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG, Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

In a message dated 98-07-29 11:49:16 EDT, vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG writes:

<< Are parts going to be available seperatly? I personally feel that it is a bad idea to use the Digifant II system as shown in the picture. Too many people have too many problems with it and dealers seem to burry their heads in the sand with this injection system. If I were going to purchase this kit I would want it without the engine and engine management. Then install CIS-E or Motronic system instead.

It is too bad that they didn't design an Audi 5 cylinder conversion kit. Now that is the definition of torque! >> Sorry, I totally dissagree. If this is the 93 or newer type of injection system on the kit, than it will be a lot easier to diagnose than any previous injection system of the past. Especially with the on board diagnostics. Simple fault checks = simple repairs. I have no problems with CIS-E, it's just that they are more sensative and require minor adjustments more offten. The newer system is so much easier to fix and upgrade and requires NO adjustments. Just do the services every 30K. You don't even have to replace an O2 sensor untill the engine computer tells you to. Simple. Michael Modl 87 syncro 87 Quattro.