Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 2 Aug 1998 22:47:06 -0400
From:         William Carden <wpcarden@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fuel Pump
Comments: To: Erik R Simes <esimes@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>,
          "Vanagon@VANAGON.COM" <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM>

I just tackled that same problem this weekend on our new 87 West Gl. I got some new breaded hose's, and one square filter and the round filter. Removed the old, drop the fuel pump and taped the wider inlet side on the workbench. All kinds of dirt and red paint chips came out of the fuel pump. Buy the way the westy is not red. I them hooked it to the battery charger. This is probably not something that I would recommend doing, and pump some gas through it, taped some more dirt out of it. Repeated the process a couple of times. Installed all new hose's and filters and pump, no more whining and buzzing. It runs great now. Bill 87 West Gl 84 Wolfsberg edition 66 West

Erik R Simes wrote: > > Does a hissing/buzzing fuel pump mean its time to replace it?. Any advice > would be appreciated. > > -----Original Message----- > From: Tom Stone <TStone8359@AOL.COM> > To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM> > Date: Sunday, August 02, 1998 9:11 PM > Subject: Fwd: Offensive Language (F) > > >Thanks Coyote! Mutual respect for each other's beliefs. > > > >Tom > >Bloomington, IL > >'85 Westy > >