Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 2 Aug 1998 23:38:06 -0400
From:         Judith Barr/Leo Girard <lgirard@BMTS.COM>
Subject:      rough idling on starting 85 vanagon

Hi all, Tried finding "idling" in the archives, to no avail; reams of stuff pop up but no specific reference to my problem. A recent thread about the idle stabilizer might be of help. Naturally when all that good stuff was being posted I didn't have the problem. Is there a connection between posted messages and problems almost immediately developing....?....almost like the máquina is a hypochondriac. Anyway just after starting it idles very roughly and the initial takeoff is really labored. After it has run for a few minutes, it runs great, super smooth. I've tried messing with the idle adjustment (CO2?) screw and maybe have leaned it out to much but have no way of fine tuning that particular adjustment. Anyone have the same problem? Anyone have a practical remedy? Where is the idle stabilizer located? Thanks again, Leo Meaford ON

[text/html]