Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Aug 1998 18:27:38 -0700
From:         Bob Calkins <"loganc@innercite.com"@INNERCITE.COM>
Subject:      [Fwd: ]Trip Report
Comments: To: Vanagon <vanagon@vanagon.com>

Well we returned unscathed from our trip to the Pac Nor West.....in our Red 69 Dormobile....Went to the Rose City Bug In @ Portland Int. Raceway. nice show, a bit on the small size (compared to Calif)....Temps in the 100's.....nobody in Portland has air cond......Then it happed, in Longview Washington, I sheard off the splines on my Right Rear Brake drum......sheeesh, and you just know what tool I didnt bring....yup, so we took it to The Auto Shop in Longview, Bob Droz located us a used drum....adjusted valves and tried to get an idle miss out of my Duel Dellortos....charged us less than $100 for everything and had us on our way in less than 2 hours, even bumped us up in front of his customers.....Good Guy.....If your in Longview, give him a try....

Headed down the Oregon Coast, saw over 150 Westys, mostly Vanagons, bout 15 Bay windows and 2 Splits ( at a Rasta Festival in Garberville Ca.).....Great camp grounds in Canon Beach Ore. there were 7 Vanagon Westys, 1 EV and 2 Bays (including mine) just at this campground.....Amasingly, not one of these people have ever heard of the list....

There was a guy next to us that had about a 90 Vanagon Westy (Canadian Spec) from BC....he had left his bus and had gone somewhere and I never did find him....he had the cooolist RACK on the back......it was huge.......made out of 2'' Galvanized pipe and had a 3 bike platform (looked like coragated Steel Roofing) that folded up like a Paulchin but this baby looked big enough to hold my Vespa....There was no name on it , I toook some pictures of it, if anyone is interested, Ill e mail them to ya.... Ciao Bob Calkins, Placerville Ca... 80 Westy/69 Dormobile

[message/rfc822]