Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Aug 1998 23:14:55 -0400
From:         Derek Drew <drew@INTERPORT.NET>
Subject:      Sachs Clutch Database Found in UK For Vanagons (awsome database)
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

Continuing my research to find the correct Sachs clutch parts I found a giant database of these things at http://www.sachs-boge.co.uk/ceda.csv.

It seems to load some kind of big database program into my web browser so possibly you need Microsoft Office to view this. Takes a little while to load this big monster page too.

In any case, this database does indeed distinguish between pre and post 89 clutches (they do so by referring to letter F production year, '89).

Records 3603 through 3607 seem to be the relevant records.

They show that there is no difference between syncro and non-syncro Sachs clutches but there is indeed a difference between clutches pre and post 89.

Part Numbers for 90-91 Vanagons with 2.1 litre motors syncro and non syncro

3000 053 011, 3082 086 435 1861 581 437 3151 193 041

Part Numbers for Earlier Than 89 Vanagons with 2.1 litre motors syncro and non syncro

3000 053 010, 3082 086 434 1861 581 437 3151 193 041

It appears that the first set of numbers is the kit number, the second number is the clutch cover (what we call the disk), the third number is the plate (what we call the pressure plate) and the third number is the throwout bearing. So, the clutch number I want is 3082 086 435 rather than the same number ending in 434. But I think everybody and their mother sells the 434 clutch disks so possibly I am butting my head against the wall and I have no idea if this is important to get the 435 clutch.

Well that's enough research for tonight. Time to go to bed.

_____________________________________________________ Derek Drew New York, NY & Washington DC ConsumerSearch drew@interport.net 212-580-6486, 202-966-7907 (W) 212-580-4459; 202-966-0938 (H)