Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Aug 1998 20:27:49 EDT
From:         Christopher Low <chrilow@ENOREO.ON.CA>
Subject:      Norcold Recall...lets do it
Comments: To: ev_update@db.erau.edu, vanagon.com@enoreo.on.ca

I WANT TO ORGANIZE A GROUP EFFORT TO HAVE A RECALL ON THE NORCOLD FRIDGE!!!!

Rationale: The fridge is unreliable due to design flaws and we should not have to suffer the frustrations hassle and expense.

Problems: 1) Won't light due to burner being plugged up. 2) Won't stay lit which could be due to not sensing the flame. 3) ???? What else have been the common problems?

Strategies: 1) Gather information on problems that people have had. 2) Write to VW, Winnebago and Norcold to have them address the problem(s). I propose we write the letter as a group and then each owner send the letter. On each letter we have name and vin. numbers of each owner. It would be great if we could have 30 or more names.

The ball is rolling: Please let me know what you think. Please let me know what problems you have had with your fridge. The data which i think is most important is the number of times you have had a problem and what it was. Example, 5 trips and 5 problems. If you had to have the same problem fixed over and over again.

Sincerely, Chris Low 95' EB