Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Aug 1998 14:51:29 -1000
From:         Peter Zendzian <peterz@GTE.NET>
Subject:      Re: tire choice
Comments: To: Björn <bratjen@DIRECT.CA>, Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

I just put on Bridgestone 195 75R14 and am extremely pleased. The are 8 ply and only cost me 80.00 each. The highway noise is almost nil, they have a good tread pattern and handle well.

Pete peterz@gte.net 83.5 Vanagon

-----Original Message----- From: Björn <bratjen@DIRECT.CA> To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM> Date: Wednesday, August 05, 1998 8:23 AM Subject: tire choice

Watching the list and having added my own opinions about tires I am just facing the urgent need for new tires for my Syncro. My old Michelin LTX are worn to a level where I don't want it to rain any more. I was looking for a tire which also has good off road stamina.

Unfortunately the Michelin LTX (195/14) does not seem to be available in Canada for the next couple of weeks until they do a new production run. Costco is now selling a Uniroyal all season which I don't like. It seems to be a highway tire and I did not like Uniroyal handling in wet conditions in the past (with Tiger Paw). Sears has a tire on sale which is an relabeled Michelin LTX called XC LT4, but they are on backorder.

So with some trepidation I decided on the Yokohama Superdigger (SD05 195/14). It is supposedly an 8 ply tire. What experience have people had with this one?

Björn

Björn Ratjen

Mill Bay, B.C.

1987 Syncro Est Alia (self camperized) 1995 Passat TD (1982 Vanagon Diesel) 1979 VW Bus (self- camperized)