Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 2 Aug 1998 00:19:30 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes57@EMAIL.MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: low pressure
Comments: To: Anthony Kimmons <akimmons@PDQ.NET>, Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

How can you have a clogged screen on a rebuilt engine? Maybe too much silicone was used? Is it possible that the wrong oil pump cover gasket was used? This would seriously reduce the pumps output. It should be the one that is so thin you can almost see through it. The other possibility is that a wrong sized bearing was used or maybe a cam bearing is missing. A bad lifter will not cause a pressure problem unless it is noisy. The oil that flows through the lifters goes through the pushrods to lubricate the rockers. You should also check the oil pressure relief valve.

Dennis.

-----Original Message----- From: Anthony Kimmons <akimmons@PDQ.NET> To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM> Date: Wednesday, July 29, 1998 10:12 PM Subject: Re: low pressure