Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Aug 1998 22:56:29 -0700
From:         Rick Gordon <rickgo@HALCYON.COM>
Subject:      re overheard in a bicycle shop (F)

>Hello; I went into town to buy a new front tire for my mountain bike >yesterday. There was a bunch (8) of 20 something fellows standing around >socializing, over the new shipment of mountain bike glitterati. I was >shocked to find out that front tires can cost up to $80, with $29 being >the average. While I was checking all this out, I couldn't help overhear >the talk from these guys. They were all excited about the cars they have >been looking at to buy when summer is over and they have to return to their >non-vacation routine. They were enthused by 14 to 20 year old Honda >Civics, Toyotas, and other discarded mom's cars. ...

it's a bike thing. It's cooler to have a bike that's worth more than the beater car you drive. Cars are just to get you to trailheads you know. And Vanagons require maintenance that you could better spend out riding!

Rick Gordon Bainbridge Island, WA, USA ------------------------------------- rickgo@halcyon.com http://www.halcyon.com/rickgo/ KC7QEG -------------------------------------