Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 13 Aug 1998 11:18:46 -0400
From:   Kay O Fremgen <kayfremgen@JUNO.COM>
Subject:   Re.: 87 Vanagon hesitation continues
Comments:   To: Vanagon@vanagon.com

Hi Darrell

Welcome back to 87 hesitation continues where we are making "No Progress" one step at a time. Thanks for all that great data here are my results. I have a Bosch ECU # 0 261 200 065 (810) DF VW # 025 906 022 >From disconnected 02 sensor cable (green coax) to ECU 20k ohms With the ECU disconnected it measures infinity. (No short to ground) You wrote: "My coax wire / ECU pin 2 measures about 0.5 volts" I am getting with ignition on 0.06 volts with meter set at 1 volt scale and 0.02 volts with meter set at 0.25 scale (I do not understand this myself) Are you sure you read 0.5 volts or is it 0.05 volts. In the other test: Touch coax wire to ground / feed 1.5 volts to the ECU. I am getting the results you are referring to but you did not mention anything about the "time" it takes the ECU to change the air / fuel mixture (keep in mind I am monitoring the air / fuel mixture with volt meter hooked up to disconnected 02 sensor) it seems to me it takes about 5 seconds to change in either direction. Does that sound right?

Thanks again

Kai 87.2 Westy