Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Aug 1998 12:38:59 EDT
From:         Oxroad@AOL.COM
Subject:      Re: Is Westy-lust justified? Do you use your appliances?
Comments: To: GMBulley@aol.com
Comments: cc: VANAGON@vanagon.com

> Westy owner doesn't use the stove and sink inside the camper unless he > absolutely has to...too confining, and I'd rather be outside anyway.

GM-- This is not to knock anyone. And I'm sure this fellow is honest in his semi- lack of use for the Westy kitchen. But I'm a little less hearty and like travelling light. So to me it's a little like a millionaire saying "I'm just a happy person. I could easily be happy without the money."

In terms of camping with a Westy vs. without-- I've been rich and I've been poor. Rich is better, as the old saying goes.

I use the hunch and kneeling method sometimes to change cloths or do simple activities in a parking lot or rest area. And it's fine. But pop that top for camping and life is even better. Then fire up the stove and make some coffee or open the fridge for a cold beverage. It doesn't get much better.

I use the stove inside all the time. It couldn't be easier and no stove to pack. The sink is great for washing up dishes and brushing teeth before an interview or meeting and filling up water bottles while on a long trip. Saves me the buck or two ever 50 miles.

The "extra" bed up top is a great feature also when camping with a buddy. Saves the sometimes awkward question to wake up to, "Hey Eddie. Ever wanted to kiss another man on the mouth?" Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I'm a fan of the Westy. I'm heading out to Colorado and Wyoming in a few days. And I'll be using that kitchen and pop top and living as close to the life of a Rockefeller as possible for me. (You know if you combine my income with the money the Rockefellers have aquired over the years we're worth well over $100 million combined. So life is good.)

Best to all Jeff 83.5 Westy NY