Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Aug 1998 12:48:52 -0400
From:         Budding Rose <ROSEBUD99@WEBTV.NET>
Subject:      Re: Is Westy-lust justified? Do you use your appliances? was:
              chuckboxes
Comments: To: GMBulley@AOL.COM
Comments: cc: Vanagon@vanagon.com

I'm in my 5th Westy-84, my first water cooled. I have been on the road many times and felt tired-- no problem- jump in the back nap awhile waken make coffee- snack if I feel like it and on the road again. After all the getting there is the fun part. On awakening in the mornings, I usually cook oatmeal and have apiece of toast or two with jam or jelly- and lots of good coffee-- not the swill bought on the road at exorbitant prices. Always keep fresh fruit in the fridge, nice and clean and cool. And I have a place to wash myself as well as cleaning up after eating. Also the luxury of having a nice clean place to relieve ones self (porta potty). There is no end to the convenience and luxury of traveling self contained. Now setting up a campsite and using a picnic table and campground facilities is o.k. but give me the self contained experience every time. What happened to my other Westies? Well two were completely worn out (over 300k on each), one was stolen, and one was totaled in an argument with a semi, while parked. As long as the fire in your belly burns for a Westy, you'll love it, even though they are testy and cantankerous- and require constant attention to details and warnings... Bottom line, ask anyone who owns one. They are cussed and loved, IMHO much like a good woman.. Go forth and enjoy-- Bud

[message/rfc822]