Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Aug 1998 11:13:06 -0800
From:         YauMan Chan <YauMan@CCHEM.BERKELEY.EDU>
Subject:      87 Vanagon shakes after Clutch job
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

After 120,000 miles, I finally had to replace the clutch on my 1987 Vanagon (2wd). The job was done by a VW shop. When I got my van back, it shakes violent everytime I try to put it in 1st from a standing stop. I took it back to the shop and they claim that it is because the engine mounts needed to be replaced. ( me think they broke the mount in the clutch job!) But anyway, I let them replace the engine mounts. Now, it shakes a lot less, but it still shakes when I put it in 1st gear from a stand still. The only way I can stop the shaking is to really rev up the engine when I release the clutch and I have to release very very slowly.

Any one have any advice for me to consider before I take it back to the shop again?

Thanks.

Yau-Man Chan 87 Vanagon Martinez, CA