Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Aug 1998 17:04:40 -0400
From:         Steve Whetstone <whetston@MAIL.AMERITEL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Wanted: Multivan?! & RE: Westy Lust
Comments: To: Vanagon List <vanagon@vanagon.com>

> From: Terry Buchanan > Subject: Wanted: Multivan?! > > between the vans, I'm starting to change my mind and think I'd like to > have a multivan, ---> rather than a Carat, or converted GL. <---- Any > negative and/or positive thoughts on this? Know of anyone selling one? > (I'm looking for a '90/'91 with auto-trans, and low miles) > > Lemme know what you think!

I'd have to cast my vote in favor of the Multivan. I was debating thesame issue not too long ago. We looked at Carats, GLs, & searched for a Multivan and/or Westy but had a hard time finding one. Most of the time (ie, not travelling/camping) the 7 passenger van would be beneficial to us. We had/have a '78 Westy, but my wife wanted something with a little more in the way of creature comforts in order for me to get her to travel in it. We had all but abandoned the search for a Multivan when one appeared, and we bought it on the spot. It has a few minor cosmetic problems that we'll work on over time, but had too much going for it (factory rebuilt motor, tires, brakes, all hoses & a really, really good price).In the three weeks we've had it I've already had several occasions to haul 5-6 people around in it, and are planning a 10 day trip to Maine for it. As for Westy lust, I've got the poptop & with the family soon to be expanding I can sleep the required 4 people. The side tent I got from the Tent Guy will give us the attached area for cooking & other activities. Not to mention the fact that you get more floor space in a Multivan than a Westy. I would kind of like to have a fridge & sink, but like I said moving people will be the vehicle's primary role.

Steve '78 Westy (soon to be up for sale) '91 Multivan