Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 Aug 1998 12:16:43 PDT
From:         Timothy Gardner <caninewolf@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Broke Down Syncro For Sale Kentucky
Comments: To: Vanagon@Vanagon.com

Hello all,

My syncro tranny just cracked in half. There is a plate on the bottom of the tranny that is half popped off and there is a massive crack going vertically past each side of the tranny. I do not have the cash to fix the van so I am unfortuneatly selling her. I may try to take her home with a ryder truck but thats going to cost over 900 bucks to do so I dont think I want to do that. Heres the stats on the syncro.

Mettalic Red Alloy 1987 Syncro Vanagon GL-Weekender- New ducts over head(done by VW two months ago) All Rebooted or New CV joints within last year 180,800 miles on the van....engine is very strong...I susspect it to last way over 200,000. Heads have been resealed at 120,000 Interior is is good condition. 75x4 channel amp with 2 8"sub's and a home stero speaker hooked up Technichs tape deck with cd imput. 1 yr old battery. 2month old New Rear brakes and Drums and new master cylander. 2month old New Starter. Good 6ply mich. MXT tires Working 4x4 once tranny back together. Little Rust...only is rear passenger panel near bumper but only surface and on the seam at the drivers side between wheel well and door. Lots of other stuff but not enough time to list im on a Library computer with a timed limit.

Any other questions please call me at 1-860-402-4860 or reply directly to me at caninewolf@hotmail.com. The phone call would be better though.

I desperatly need to do something I cannot afford a new tranny and barely have enough cash to get home with a ryder. I want to be home for Mon or Tues.

2000 dollars would be nice but I basically need to get home and have some cash from the van to live once back home. NO REASONABLE OFFER WILL BE REFUSED. I CAN DELIVER IT TO YOUR DOORSTEP WITHIN 100 MILES OF PADUCHA KENTUCKY. AAA WILL DELIVER IT FOR ME.

Thank you for reading and please someone buy her she needs a good home and doesn't need to be parted out. Its sad to see a syncro parted out.

Tim G 87 gl syncro(180k)