Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Aug 1998 17:56:49 -0400
From:         Lawrence Johnson <ljohnson@HALHINET.ON.CA>
Subject:      Re: Those pesky Dometics again....
Comments: To: George Nahrebecky <George.Nahrebecky@STMARYS.CA>,
          Multiple recipients of list <vanagon@vanagon.com>

George,

The Westfalia Dometic fridge should not blow out while driving or in a strong wind or while driving in a strong wind. If it does, then there is probably one of two things wrong: 1) Both the air inlet pipe to the combustion chamber and the combustion exhaust pipe from the combustion chamber must be exactly the same length. If not, differential pressures at the vent will cause excess air to flow down one or the other of the two pipes and blow out the flame. If you must shorten one hose then shorten the other to match. 2) The vent on the outside must not have any leaks around the rubber gasket; the gasket must have the dimple facing forwards; and the metal dish with the hole in the middle must be fastened securely to the exhaust pipe and held firmly in place by the chrome cap. If anything is loose or misaligned then excess air may flow down one of the two pipes and blow out the flame.

Keep the flame burning. Larry