Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 Aug 1998 11:49:36 -0300
From:         Gaelen Gallashant <gaelen@NETTAXI.COM>
Subject:      CRUNCH
Comments: To: vanagon@VANAGON.COM

OK what a day! I was listenning to the engine of my 85 1.9L engine last night when I heard and felt a crunch! It happened when I was reving the engine to listen for bog-outs. The noise was from the right side of the enine and it actually moved the block. But now things are working fine and driving OK. Well do you think it could be the PISTON, I hope I don't need to get as far down as the Main Bearings. That would be a pain in the rear. Well if anyone has good news about this problem I would be happy to hear. But really I understand I am going to have a lot of work ahead of me. SOmeone wants to sell me a 85 rebuilt with 0miles on it but it is for around $800 Can which translates to $5 bucks US, No really like $500 dollars. I think that might be a good choice for me. I could sell the other engine for a bit. Well Bye. Gaelen