Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Aug 1998 09:08:20 -0400
From:         mike and becky <mayfly95@PAONLINE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Discovered Crack in Expansion Tank
Comments: To: SyncroHead@AOL.COM, vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Same thing happened to my 87- the crack caused a beautiful "spyhunter style" smoke screen behind me as the leaking coolant vaporized on the cat conv.

Curiously though every tenth start or so, my red temp gauge idiot light won't stop blinking however if i shut off the enginr and restart it the light goes out like normal. this has happened since i bot the van 2 years ago but continues after a replaced (new) exp. tank and sensor go figure! any one else having this experience?

Mike 87 Wolf W/E