Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 15 Aug 1998 07:50:05 -0400
From:         Frank Goodrick <video.image@IBM.NET>
Subject:      Re: realisitc Value of Multivan &/or Camper
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Hi All-

This thread interests me; I'm selling my 91 fully loaded Vanagon Camper, which has about 38,000 miles on it. (don't get too excited - it's North American spec'd, but stored in Amsterdam). I've been trying to determine a value.

Edmunds price & Kelly seem at odds; Kelly's trade-in value for my van came in at around 17000; Edmunds market Value came in at that (you have to do a bunch of adding & multiplying for mileage & options with the Edmunds page.) Edmunds trade-in value comes in much lower.

Is there any other price guide that might be more useful than these two ? More targetted at campers/RVs ?

I sold a 90 Camper in 1995 ( I always have 2 campers - one in Europe, one in Canada) low mileage (45K), auto, power pkge, no other options. I got about US$ 13 - 14000 at the time.(from a Dutch camper dealer - straight cash).I have a firm offer for the 91 from the same dealer.

However , here in Toronto anyway, the van I sold in 95 would seem to fetch more now, judging from the very few that now come up in the paper & anecdotal evidence from our two Camper VW dealers.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Frank.

91 Vanagon Camper 95 Eurovan Win Camper 94 Audi Cabriolet

(Formerly...a whole bunch of VWs)