Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Aug 1998 23:05:05 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes57@EMAIL.MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Trans. Oil Leak
Comments: To: "David R. Paterson" <dppat@EARTHLINK.NET>, Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Unless the leak is bad, I wouldn't worry about it too much. With that mileage, it already on borrowed time. If you must repair, it should be no big deal. Drop the drive axle, remove the plug and circlips from the flange, pull off the flange, and then pry out and replace the seal. Re assemble and your done. I would only do the side that is currently leaking.

Dennis

-----Original Message----- From: David R. Paterson <dppat@EARTHLINK.NET> To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM> Date: Tuesday, August 18, 1998 6:26 PM Subject: Trans. Oil Leak