Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Aug 1998 20:22:46 -0400
From:         Frank Goodrick <video.image@IBM.NET>
Subject:      Canadian no stovers ?

Are you sure about this ?

I would think that propane approval would have been in place in 90.

Even in the case of the first Eurovan Westies in 92 , which came over to Canada with the Euro - fuel stove, they were converted to propane here after the fact. When I drove to Westfalia in Wiedenbrucke & had a chat , they told me they actually sent a tech to Canada to convert all 27 of the first vans to propane, since no one here wanted that system.

i vote for it being a multivan, but I find your Canadian demi-Westy theory intriguing.

Frank.

Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 15:48:25 -0400 From: Robert Rountree <rountree@PLANETEER.COM> Subject: Re: I am trying to sell my westfalia

This might have been a Canadian model... what happens here is sometimes VW was too late getting Approval from DOT & CSA on the Propane Tank installation, so they just drop the stove and have a countertop with a sink and the fridge just works on 12v & 120v... everything else is your normal Westy

Rob