Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 26 Aug 1998 09:34:40 +0000
From:   James Brown <cruiseone@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:   80 westy + thanks
Comments:   To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Hey VW-ers thanks for all the great info. this group has answered all my question posted without ridiculing my ignorance. the '80 westy looked great, the int a 9, the exterior an 8, the canvas top is like new and the clean rebuilt engine sold me. the fact that the refrigerator actualy works was icing on the cake. i couldn't resist giving up my hard earned $2100 for the camper! of course there are small things: gas-gage inop, city water-inlet broke, key to water tank-stopper missing, outside sliding door handle inop; but these things are little more then minor irritations. reading about the many fires reported here scared me. even tho they are expensive we now have 2 fire extinguishers in the westy and hope we never have to use them. thanks to this group i now know to always be aware of the vw's fuel lines condition. anyway, you all are great for sharing. we will be bugging out for a week, so need to temporarily unsubscribe (still trying to figure this one out). nonetheless as arnold said - "i'll be back." Thanks again. Zymorg- '80 westy, '68 bug