Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 Aug 1998 13:06:40 -0700
From:         Terry Buchanan <tbuchana@XYLAN.COM>
Subject:      Re: I love my Audi 2.0L engine
Comments: To: david@volkswagen.org, vanagon@vanagon.com

I want one-ah thoooooose!!

Can someone over at Kyles shop or The Bus Depot put together a kit for one of those thingys?

Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 18:53:20 -0700 From: David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG> Subject: I love my Audi 2.0L engine!

I must admit that the Audi 80 4 cylinder that I installed in my Double Cab is terrific. All the power is at lower RPMs than the boxer. This actually pushes you into the seat if you step on it when taking off. I can now spin gravel which is pretty amazing for a Syncro! Fuel economy is great! On my 8 hour trip to Vancouver I got 12L / 100km driving a constant 110km/h and passing everyone when I could and gunning it up the hills - this is also

with the canopy which sticks upa good 25cm above the roof line. Temprature is lower than the wasserboxer with the needle below the red LED all the time. Driving a constant 90km/h on the level this figure goes down to 10L / 100km with no change in the temp. Timing is set to 8 deg BTDC and CO is at 1.5% at 950rpm idle - no cat!. Ron's Parts Inc said that my setup is

good for a conservate 125hp at 5200 rpm and torque is 130@2600 rpm. I was also amazed at the amount of people who are interested in my swap at the

Great Canadian VW Show on Sunday! Lots of questions and lot of very amazed people!

-- David Marshall, Quesnel BC, mailto:david@volkswagen.org -- -- 78 1.8L VW Rabbit, 80 2.0L VW Caddy, 87 Audi 5KQ -- -- 85 1.8L VW Cabrio, 88 2.0L VW Syncro Double Cab -- -- Volkswagen Homepage http://www.volkswagen.org -- -- USE DAVID@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG WHEN SENDING PMAIL --