Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 Aug 1998 17:20:01 -0700
From:         Marcus <marcus46@FREEWWWEB.COM>
Subject:      Re: BYOP (Bring Your Own Parts)
Comments: To: Robert Rountree <rountree@PLANETEER.COM>
Comments: cc: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Rob Tough day Huh? Marcus

Robert Rountree wrote: > > My argument with this statement goes like this..... > > >Do you stop by the supermarket and pick up hamburger patties, then drop by > >McDonalds and ask them to cook them for you? > > When did Ole Ronny start selling $800 patties? (instead of $15 tops for > lunch) if it were just a few saw bucks here or there... I really doubt a VW > owner would sweat that matter. But Hundreds... Wake up and welcome to the > new economic millennium. > > >I suggest that if y'all are gonna buy parts, learn how to turn a wrench > so's > >ya' can install them yerself. > > Why do you think there are FLAPS every where?....people ARE installing them > themselves.... Did you ever wonder why????? Quality of service, Maybe? > > >1. It's just business. > > Yeah and Business is always FAIR? Why else did they have to come up with > the BBB? > > >2. If you believe it's not fair, check the competition. > > If you haven't noticed... we create the competition... any good shop > doesn't even need to advertise... unless they are somewhere unreachable.... > they get their business from returns and referrals... by people who trust > them and tell others to do the same... then there are the shops who just > get their business from tow truck drivers trolling remote stretches of > Interstates... Most honest people shiver, just to imagine them. > > Personally I believe a good garage knows it's your baby.... you know what > you want and what level of quality you'll except.... if a rebuilt starter > is fine by you... and you supply it, they will put it in. I think what > scares or turns off , me the most is a mechanic who acts like they know it > all and just tries to tell me what's best for me... without getting my > opinion on the matter.... but expecting MY money.... I got a sneaking > feeling that when it comes to your car and your money... nobodies going to > be telling you what to do... what makes anyone else... different? > > Rob > 87 Westy SyncroGL Cynosure