Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 Aug 1998 21:00:46 -0700
From:         Bill Fryer <bill.fryer@MCI2000.COM>
Subject:      Re: prop/driveshaft bad vibes; also A/C

I drive an '86 Syncro. Can the vibration related to u-joints on the front/rear driveshaft come and go. I have a vibration such as described (mostly between 40-50 mph) only about half the time. May it also be in the suspension, as it sometimes seems to be related to the road - it often is present over the same stretches of roads, and gone over the same other stretches of roads. The tires are new MXTs, and the shocks are new.

I also have a recent problem with my A/C. It was doing just fine until about 2 weeks ago when it started to not get so cold, This is getting progressively worse. The system is cycling properly, but doesn't stay on very long although it is not getting very cold. I just had Freon topped up (added 1 lb) and the system pressures checked (46/300 psi at idle, 33/330 at 2,000 rpm). The system seems to be charged, and the compressor and expansion valve working well. But the compressor doesn't stay running for long. Also, the air coming through the ducts seems humid to me. Is this a diagnostic clue? i live in Las Vegas where it is quite dry.