Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 22 Aug 1998 23:28:09 -0400
From:         David Bogle / Architecture <bogle@BWAY.NET>
Subject:      Intro & Stats
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

Again, thanks to all that have replied to my queries, especially about their Syncros' Lifespans and Vehicle Security.

I didn't have to wait long to find my dream machine.

The '87 syncro westy I was interested in is now mine! It was by all accounts worth the trip to N.C. With the help from local listmember Charles Michaux who had seen the vehicle, and his trusty mechanic Randy at Foreign Accents in Greensboro, I took the plunge. This grey beauty has -0- body rust, 88 k miles and runs like a champ. It has A/C and TWO "car" heaters.

Those winter weekends in the '72 will be remembered fondly, at least. (We were a sight walking stiff-legged into the roadside restaurants wearing three pairs of insulated pants, snow boots and all.)

This is just a long way of saying please update the weekly STATS.

Regards, David Bogle Brooklyn, NY '72 Campmobile 2.0L ( for sale, details will follow) '87 Vanagon GL Syncro Westfalia